This week John and I drove to St. Thomas, the town in southern Nevada that was flooded by Lake Mead. John did not want his picture taken...
After St. Thomas, we stopped here, at the Lost City Museum. There was a lot of information in there & it was difficult to take it all in, but I learned that there was a native man who used to carry a sack of corn on his back and his shadow sometimes made him look like a hunchback. He came to be known as Kokopelli. Have you seen the petroglyph of him? It's pretty popular. I don't have a picture of one to show you.This was interesting too - how the JOSHUA TREE got it's name. You should be able to click on the picture to enlarge it. This cactus looked like it was raising its arms to heaven - as the biblical Joshua.

No comments:
Post a Comment