Field of Dreams

Saturday, April 25, 2009

HAPPY 1/2 BIRTHDAY TO ME!! That's right, TODAY I am 39 1/2!
This week John & I went to Las Vegas Academy (previously L.V. High
School) to listen to Jasmine's (John's grand-daughter) school choir
concert. They participated in a school district wide festival/competition where they were judged in different areas. We don't know where Jasmine's group placed. They sang beautifully and their stage presentation appeared flawless.
Last night, John and I participated in our 2nd American Cancer Society RELAY FOR LIFE. Our team raised over $4000.! Thank You to all who supported us or supported a Relay in your area! Our relay was from 7 pm to 7 am today, I was hoping to be able to stay the entire time and enjoy the breakfast they served at 6:30 this morning but we left at 1 am. I walked 22 laps. We didn't get to light the luminaries during the time we were there due to very windy conditions, but the names were read and it seemed a good time was had by all, despite the good ole' southern NV wind. The picture is of the luminaries, spelling out HOPE, on the bleachers.
Until next time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: