Field of Dreams

Friday, July 24, 2009

HOORAY FOR SVEN & OLE'S PIZZA!

Sven & Ole's pizza in Grand Marais, MN is still in my top 5! John & I drove up (84 miles from Two Harbors) on Monday and his daughter and family followed, as they'd never been to G.M. either. oh, YUM! we all had a good time looking out over Lake Superior and skipping rocks. while we were so close, we drove to Grand Portage, MN (another 34 miles) and visited their interpretive site. We now have 4 more jr. park rangers in the family! :)
Not much else this week can compare to our Sven & Ole's road trip...
John's daughter is flying in from Vegas today tho', that'll be fun! As my grand-daughters parents drove in to pick her up, I'm 'grandma' today, watching my youngest, who's now sleeping. John is here too, also sleeping!
Sunday, the family will get together to celebrate John's 65th birthday!
Next week, John and I will drive the rig to Minot, ND for a reunion of the group he was in while stationed in Vietnam. This will be the first reunion he's been able to attend. I'm looking forward to it, especially after having just been to VN. Tho' I know it was unimaginably different 40 years ago, I won't feel like a complete outsider.

No comments: