Field of Dreams

Sunday, November 15, 2009

still homeless

We got to go to the Veteran's Day parade on Wednesday, and were still around so I could go to a Stampin' Up card making party today. The parade was very respectful, honoring so many Veterans. The police helicopter flew over twice; once REALLY slow, which was pretty cool. There were several other fly overs, and some heavy equipment on the parade route, along with the high school band, flag twirlers, & cheerleaders. There were numerous floats & some threw candy to the spectators. We chose to sit toward the end of the route, so many of the entries ran out of candy by the time they got to us... :(
That night we took advantage of Applebee's special offer for Veterans & went out to eat dinner with our 'landlords'. John's dinner was free, as a Thank You, but he only had a choice of six meals. The food was good & so was the service, but we much preferred the meal at Golden Corral in years past.
Last night I went with some friends from church to All Fired Up, a paint your own pottery place. We each painted a piece & had a really good time. Afterward, we ate at Fatburger. When we go to pick up our creations, I'm hoping to take them out to the Cheesecake Factory! YUM!
I made 4 cards at the party today & got to visit with my mom for several hours. We went to yard sales this morning & found all kinds of goodies! This afternoon we feasted on ice cream!!!
John & I have hopes to leave on Monday for Oregon. The repair facility has guaranteed that the rig will be ready Tuesday afternoon. They did not specify which Tuesday afternoon.

No comments: