John & I got our swine flu vaccines - John got the shot & I chose the mist! Couldn't get away from the needle though, I got my regular flu vaccination too. OUCH! They gave me a cool yellow crayon bandage! -AND a sticker! Then John took me to McDonalds, so everything was good. Even better, I didn't have a gall bladder attack that night, after my Big Mac attack!
Thursday night we & our friends went to see Jersey Boys, a musical play about Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons. It was VERY good! I recommend it if you have the chance to see it. There was some swearing, which we were notified of before the show. The story was very good and so was the acting and of course the music & singing!
While our friends were here we also visited the Liberace museum. We joined in on a tour already in progress. The guide was entertaining and made the museum very interesting!




Our favorite part was getting to try on one of Liberace's capes! Here's Pat & I modeling some
Our favorite part was getting to try on one of Liberace's capes! Here's Pat & I modeling some
B-L-I-N-G!! woo hoo - I want one!
We went to a comedy show at the Sahara hotel (I don't recommend that show), and a comedy/magic/music show at Planet Hollywood, where John was called up on stage! That was a good show. It was called AMAZED. There were 3 separate performers - the first one balanced a 12' ladder on his chin, plus did a lot of juggling. (not at the same time) When he called John up on stage, it was with another audience member who were to help the performer get on his unicycle. We weren't allowed to take pictures; otherwise there'd be some posted! I didn't know whether I should laugh, or run up on stage to help the guy! The second performer was more magic and had an audience member on stage nearly the whole time. The third performer was a musician, and played the guitar! The amazing part was HOW he played - he played AC/DC (a rock band) as a country song. Or, Dan Fogleberg (folksy singer) as a rock song. He even played Charlie Daniels' Band 'The Devil went down to Georgia' (fiddle song) on his guitar! I recommend this show too!
We enjoyed the time with our friends, as always, and look forward to the next time we're together.
We're also looking forward to celebrating the birth of Jesus this week and being with our family. We wish you a very Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment