Happy Father's Day today!
When we returned from getting the power cord reel removed last week, we had a letter waiting that our refrigerator was recalled. John co-ordinated that with a front end alignment that the rig desperately needed. The fridge is good now, but the ball joints for the rig are not at the factory like they were suppose to be last week. We'll find out this week what the plan for that is. Piece by piece the rig is becoming new! (I'm betting on the microwave being the next to go...)
While we were in Knoxville, Iowa for the sprint car races, my friend told me she could not leave a comment on my blog. I checked and changed the settings, and now everyone should be able to leave a comment! Let's hear what you have to say! Also while in Iowa, we learned of another blogger. The driver of Work'N Woody, the official push truck of the World of Outlaws blogs weekly about his adventurous travelling life.
If you're interested, check out his website and blog at http://www.worknwoody.com/.
If you're interested, check out his website and blog at http://www.worknwoody.com/. There's been rain and some great storms here in northern Illinois, and one morning the sunlight was shining through the curtains, and I realized that it had been a while since I saw that! That day Dad told me that after a good warm day, if the night is still, you can hear the corn grow. I needed a fun story for my blog, so this was perfect. I went out and leaned over to the corn and sure enough, every so often, I heard the corn grow!! I haven't SEEN it grow yet, but I notice every morning how much taller it is than it was yesterday! What does the corn sound like when it grows? It's close to a squeak. If you can imagine the stalk growing and pushing past the leaves, that's what it sounds like. Try it for yourself if you ever get the chance! If the corn is taller than you are, remember not to walk very far into the field, and if you do, turn around and walk straight back. This is not the voice of experience, it is advice I've heard and heeded since I was very little. I have no desire to get lost in a corn field, except if it's in a Corn Maze and I've paid someone money to let me walk through their corn!
Today is my last day of my first semester of online college. I received a 'B' on my final exam, but I don't yet know what my overall grade is. At the moment, I have an 'A' in the class, and I still have a report to be graded. This class was Organizational Behavior and Management, tomorrow starts Human Resources for the next eight weeks.
Last night I was going through my grandmother's trunk and found Jesus! He was with Grammy all along and now she's with him. I took him out of the trunk and brought him home to be with us.
2 comments:
hope u are getting my comments. That corn thing sounds fun and we are absolutly in corn country. Should I wait until the corn is taller or try it now. Does it matter?
try it now! :)
Thanks! i am getting your comments!!!
Post a Comment