Last week's 100th blog post brought me a 100% on my paper that I'd struggled with. YIPPEE! Looks like I'm on my way to a B.S. in b.s.!!
Last Saturday we arrived early for the dirt track race in Brainerd, MN and were looking forward to visiting with our friends that travel with the World of Outlaws, but they weren't there, so we called John's daughter who was camping about 10 miles away and got directions. Although we missed our WoO friends, it was wonderful to visit with a bunch of family.
Our youngest great-granddaughter celebrated her 5th birthday this week and we arrived in time for the present opening at the campsite. She got lots of princess jewelry and a beautiful dress with sparkles. She even got sparkle shoes! After all the princess gifts, including a "Birthday Princess" sash, the grand finale was a brand new bike! "GASP! It has a bow!" she exclaimed.
After those great memories, we headed back to the track and got plastered with dirt! John & I commented that it'd been a while since we experienced that much dirt. It was fantastic!! John's mom says it's a good thing that we both enjoy the races and we agree that the amount of fun one has can be based upon how much grit is in your teeth at the end of the night!
I have decided that I prefer the tracks with backrests on their seats! A uncomfortable race even in person is not as good as a comfortable race on t.v. My favorite track so far (even though it is an asphalt track) is the Watermelon Capital Speedway, in Cordele, GA. Not only is that the track where I met NASCAR driver David Ragan,
but their seating is such that you bring your own chairs to enjoy the race. My chair has a footrest, and life just doesn't get much better than a race in person and a footrest!
This weekend is Heritage Days here in Two Harbors, with a street dance tonight, a car show and parade tomorrow and blocks of vendors with their goods.
No comments:
Post a Comment