Field of Dreams

Friday, September 23, 2011

It's OFFICIAL!!!


Most of last Friday looked like this, as I rode and rode and rode the carnival rides.

Also a part of Lumberjack Days is animals. This young man and his stance reminded me of Paul Bunyan and Babe. I was impressed with the way this and the other entrants handled themselves and their animals.


The logging show is another part of Lumberjack Days. Watching the Jacks and Jills show off their talents in multiple types of sawing, pole climbing, axe throwing, springboard competition, and bryling (log rolling in the water) make for a full day of entertainment.




I love a parade!!


In last year's kiddie parade, I was the pooper scooper as my nieces and nephew rode their horses, but this year, they and their friends rode bikes, so I walked along and throw candy to the kids on the sidelines.
This year I went to the skidder and logging truck obstacle course competition.










The 4H is another main part of Lumberjack Days, and there are many, many entrees in multiple categories. My niece took lots of pics of the animal display...















Here it is! My piece of paper that says I really did it! My Bachelor of Science degree arrived. My niece and nephew were with me when I opened the envelope, and decided I needed a mini graduation. My nephew made me a graduation cap from paper towels, and my niece performed the pomp and circumstance graduation song a cappella.



Although I earned my BS, I went back to school with the kids and relearned what is taught in 1st, 3rd, and 6th grades.
Wednesday morning, John & I hit the road again. The fog in Idaho had burned off by Montana.








Some signs just catch you by surprise...




Montana has it right with the 2nd Amendment!


That afternoon we ventured to Glacier National Park. The Going to the Sun Road was partially under construction, so we went as far as we could from the west, and yesterday we took the road from the east.






These are roots of a cedar tree.




Yesterday was very cold, but we there was a fire in the Logan Pass visitors center, so we toasted our buns for a while before heading back down the mountain.




This morning we're on the road to Glasgow for the night! (Montana) We're making our way back to MN; not for the cooler weather! We'll soon be grandparents again... I hope we make it in time!

1 comment:

Hoa said...

Interesting trip you have.Whenever missing you,I come to you rblog to read.