Field of Dreams

Friday, October 7, 2011

We were made to be Courageous!

If you're wondering whether or not to see the movie COURAGEOUS, go! It's from the makers of FIREPROOF, which shared God's love for us,and showed how to love others that way, especially in marriage. COURAGEOUS focuses on God's plan for parents, specifically fathers. John's daughter Jeannie, her mom Cheryl, and I went last Friday, when the movie opened. We laughed, cried, and ate a huge bucket of popcorn during the movie. It is an encouraging movie and reminded me of the importance of being accountable for our actions. We will be held accountable one day, and the movie gives some great examples of how to help one another now.
That night, Amber's labor began and she headed to the hospital. Saturday afternoon at 12:59, Aurrik ("Oreck") came into this world. He's adorable, and so far, a very quiet baby. I've mentioned previously, that this is our 10th grandchild. However, we have 3 great-granddaughters that I don't want to leave out.



Officially, with 13 grandchildren, on Sunday, John & I celebrated 5 years of marriage. We enjoyed church with Jeannie and Cheryl, then a yummy lunch with them at Culvers, and raced home to see the NASCAR race from Dover, DE. Afterward, we stopped at the hospital to see mom & baby and ended the day with a good meal at Olive Garden, thanks to a gift card that my mom had sent to mark the occasion.

The message at church that day reminded me that there should be no barriers to receiving God's message, and our challenge for the week was to see each other as beloved children of God.

Since Amber & Aurrik came home from the hospital, Amber's been letting us help with errands, and holding the baby while she gets stuff done. (my favorite part of being a grandma!) Although she's perfectly capable on her own, she's good at letting us feel needed. Last Friday, she finished Aurrik's room. Each of his siblings got to design a wall and Amber did an outstanding job with the painting!!!





Tuesday, Cheryl & I walked one of the many trails by this area of Lake Superior. This is a beautiful area, and I enjoyed seeing the colors changing. I became an official 'leaf looker'.



While Jeannie was here, she took 2 of the granddaughters and I to the cemetery where John's mom was buried. 'Grandma' loved dandelions, and we found a dandelion puff nearby, so we each took a turn blowing the seeds off. Yesterday, John & I took 2 of our granddaughters to the cemetery and placed yellow roses on her gravesite until her dandelions come up in the spring.

No comments: