Our last days in MN were filled with John getting over his cold, and me taking it on. After fighting it for a week, one morning I woke up without a voice. My voice continued to come and go for a few days, and now is just an occasional sore throat. The entire household celebrated the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012 by sleeping. John & I left New Year’s morning, with snow on the ground.
We found a good radio station and I enjoyed squeaking along to The Old Rugged Cross, Peace in the Valley, I Saw the Light, What a Friend we have in Jesus, and more!
The roads were not always clear, but God blessed John with the strength and ability to drive on - and we did, all the way to Terre Haute, IN. Again, John used his excellent negotiating skills to get us a great deal at the Holiday Inn, which allowed pets and had an indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi! We even ordered room service!
The next day we stopped north of Atlanta for a quick visit with my grandmother. With our cats in the car, we couldn’t stay long. Of course we had our warm clothes on, including our boots. It impresses me that my grandmother always finds something to compliment others on, and as we were leaving, she complimented my boots! What a great example she is!
We made it back to our home Monday evening, and the cats were SO excited to be back, as were we, but we will miss all of our MN family. We had a wonderful 12 days of Christmas - making memories.
Wednesday we ran errands and one of our stops was the Salvation Army thrift store! John bought me a pair of sweat pants and 2 jeans! He bought a black rain jacket for himself, all for under $10. total! I love the Salvation Army and their thrift stores!
With my new clothes, I began (online) school yesterday, and will be going until at least July of 2013. When I finish, I will have a Masters degree in Christian Studies with an emphasis in Youth Ministry from Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, AZ.
I'm posting this a day early because we are taking the MINI to the dealership in Atlanta at o'dark early in the morning. Maybe it will be warm enough to go topless! WHEEE!
No comments:
Post a Comment