Field of Dreams

Friday, May 11, 2012

A place where dreams come true!!

Last Friday we went to see the rig and TA-DA! It is beautiful. I just stood and looked at it. It’s so pretty. We’ve been planning this since last fall, and it’s neat to see it in real life!

Saturday night we celebrated cinco de Mayo by ordering pizza at10 p.m. and having it delivered to our extended stay hotel room. MMM! With all that excitement, I forgot to look outside at the super-moon.
John and I attended Bremen United Methodist Church again last Sunday, continuing the series based on Todd Burpo’s book ‘Heaven Is for REAL’. At the beginning of the sermon, an excerpt from the movie ‘The Field of Dreams’ was shown. Of course that was special for us, since that’s where we got married! “It’s a place where dreams come true”. I know Disneyland uses that slogan now, but the Field of Dreams in Dyersville, IA is where our dreams began coming true. In case the day wasn’t off to a great start already, we sang Amazing Grace as the closing hymn. That hymn has many special memories for me.
Sunday afternoon, just like Saturday evening, we watched the NASCAR racing from Talladega, AL. This is the first time in three years that we are not there.

This week I got one of my assignments back with a failing grade. My overall grade in the class is still good, but the ‘F’ was quite a blow to my motivation. I completely missed the point of the assignment. I prayed and pouted and sulked and over-analyzed it for a few hours and John consoled me and asked me to put it out of my mind, which I have. I wasn't going to put it in the blog, but that night, our reading from “The Purpose Driven Life” was about sharing our failures. So, while I aim to keep this blog positive and uplifting, in every blog a little rain must fall.
We wanted to show our appreciation to all the folks working on our rig, for the excellent work that they do, so Monday we brought lunch to the 125+ employees of Precision Painting in Bremen, IN. We ordered 30 pizzas from Pizza Hut and delivered them to the four plants in the area.

There are more pizzas in the "boot" (trunk), and I carried 3 on my lap.
One of the employees commented that it was the best pizza ever! Because it’s FREE!! Pizza Hut surprised us and donated 3 extra pizzas, so there was plenty for everyone, and enough for John and I to enjoy as well. At one of the plants, I set up my massage chair and gave free neck and shoulder massages to the employees there.
Tuesday and Wednesday, I devoted to school. It paid off; my 1750 – 2000 word paper came back with a 100%! It is no secret what God can do!
Our time in the Mishawaka area is coming to an end today. We’ll be moving back into our rig this afternoon. While I’m anxious to get back ‘home’, I’ll miss the bathtub and unlimited wi-fi access of the hotel.

1 comment:

Bob Mack said...

Happy Mother's Day!