Before
last week’s Karate, I went in for more traction – oops!
After
that, the kids and I made puppy chow! (crispix cereal coated with melted
chocolate and peanut butter, then shaken inside a bag with powdered sugar!)
MMM! It’s a must whenever we’re together, although their favorite – fuddy nutty
noodle doodles (aka haystacks) we still have to make.
That
night we ran to meet the ice cream lady again! We found out that the name of her
ice cream company is TI Ice Cream, and that the TI came from her doggies – Teddy,
Taffy, and Isabella. Her daughter works at the hospital and knows my lil’ bro’,
which I guess should not be surprising since this is a small town. We ALL love the ice cream lady!!
We
found a wheelchair for me to use! Searching the thrift stores paid off as one
of the ladies searched further and discovered that the local Veterans of
Foreign Wars (VFW post 3296) has a loan closet. We contacted them and they were
very willing to assist us and loan us a wheelchair even though we are leaving
the area until next year. Thank You again Veterans and supporters!
Saturday
I helped my lil’ bro’ place posts for his wood shed. I was on light duty, and
just had to hold the posts while he cut them level. I did not hurt too badly
while I was helping, but that night the pain caught up with me. I was hurting so bad that I asked if John would cook supper, so he ordered pizza!! I love when he cooks!
Sunday
morning before church we visited my brother’s church since he and my niece were
giving talks that morning. I was very proud to hear my niece talk on dressing
modestly and respecting our bodies as the temple of God. We left as my lil’ bro’ was giving his talk, to get
to our church on time. The message was inspiring, and I wondered if the preacher had been in
on our class discussions the past few weeks. So many topics he spoke on were
right in line with what my theology class is discussing. He emphasized the
importance of unity in the body of Christ, and how Christ is not divided, so
why are we divided as His body? He also discussed humility, gentleness, and
patience, and how we cannot attain these qualities apart from Christ. Our
striving should be for a deepening relationship with Jesus Christ, which will
bring the qualities that we are to have. The book of Matthew, in the 6th
chapter, verse 33 tells us to “seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness,
and all these things shall be added to you” (NKJV). Having that relationship
that God desires from us, we will seek unity with each other instead of the
divisiveness that the world desires.
Monday afternoon John and I drove my niece to
gymnastics in Lewiston. We went topless!
She
is a fantastic gymnast, and it was fun to have her to ourselves for a while. We
stopped at Wal-Mart and all of the electric carts were in use, but there was a
manual wheelchair cart available, so John pushed me around the store while
Grace pushed the big shopping cart as we loaded it with 2 cases of water, cat
food, cat litter, and canning jars for my sister in law; all kinds of heavy
stuff for that little girl to push. She did not complain once. We asked if
there was anything she needed and she sweetly replied “no, I have everything at home”,
but then she saw the candy! Before we headed back home, we took her to Panda
Express, her favorite restaurant, for supper. I really enjoyed our time
together and look forward to lots more!
Tuesday
I stayed on bed rest since I was still feeling the effects of Saturday.
Wednesday morning it was 40* outside when I got up to go get tractioned. The
temperatures during the day are still in the 80s, so yesterday I stayed in bed
until it warmed up! No more traction since both my lil’ bro’ and I agree that it
did not bring the results we were looking for. I’m glad he was willing to try
so many things attempting to help me.
When
we leave next week I will miss my view of the Clearwater River from my window.
The
cemetery is right across the river. They respected Patriot Day on September 11 with
flags lining the streets.
Yesterday
we met a couple in the campground, traveling from Canada. We invited them over
and visited for a little while. They were pretty new to RV’ing and said they
enjoyed talking to us, since John is pretty experienced at it. We loaned them
our DVD of RV with Robin Williams, and jokingly told them not to get scared at
all the things that could happen.
Last night Glenna, the ice cream lady surprised us with a special visit just for us! She was headed to set up at the county fair, so she would not be coming to the campground this weekend. We will surely frequent her ice cream truck for more huckleberry ice cream!
Today marks the official kick off of Lumberjack Days! A 3 day fair with 4H exhibits, carnival rides, fair food, and a logging show Sunday. I’ll miss being part of the parade this year. At least I am exempt from being the pooper scooper for my niece and nephew as they ride their horses! This year they are only riding their bikes and I considered wheeling in my wheelchair, but I would much rather hold my 7 month old niece on the sidelines!
Today marks the official kick off of Lumberjack Days! A 3 day fair with 4H exhibits, carnival rides, fair food, and a logging show Sunday. I’ll miss being part of the parade this year. At least I am exempt from being the pooper scooper for my niece and nephew as they ride their horses! This year they are only riding their bikes and I considered wheeling in my wheelchair, but I would much rather hold my 7 month old niece on the sidelines!
No comments:
Post a Comment