Field of Dreams

Friday, October 12, 2012

We found huckleberry ice cream!!

Last Friday’s massage got rescheduled for Monday, so John and I relaxed by going to the local senior thrift store! John found a great Halloween costume and decided to try it on…
We decided to go for breakfast afterward at the ice cream shop next door! We used more of our gift certificate and found Huckleberry ice cream! YEA!

That afternoon we visited my mom and step-dad who were nice enough to turn on the Braves game for me and we watched the last 1 1/2 innings, getting to see Chipper Jones' last at bat. He has been a full time Atlanta Brave since 1995, hitting 468 home runs in his 17+ year career.
(AP Photo)
The Braves lost the wild card game and thus, the season ended with no playoff games.
I was over my mourning the next day because the racing began from Talladega! John and I both love Talladega raceway and were both a little homesick not being there, but we got over that when our tickets for Phoenix International Raceway arrived in the mail. We bought them on our anniversary last week and in less than a month we will be camping out at the track! Hopefully Dale Jr will be back racing by then. He is not racing the next two races due to concussion symptoms from "the BIG one" on Sunday. GO DALE JR!

This week we received our absentee voting ballots in the mail, so we met our American responsibility and exercised our right to vote!

Sunday night I went to choir practice with my mother at her church. There were 8 of us there. I found out that there is more to choir than just singing! Each voice type sings different notes. Not just different keys of the same note as I thought. Anyway, it turns out I have a tenor voice. There used to be a comedian in Las Vegas long ago that said he sang tenor and then would add “Tenor eleven miles away!” No one at choir told me to sing ten or eleven miles away, so I will go again this Sunday.
My sweet mother brought me flowers one day this week! They look and smell so pretty!
 
Wednesday my MRI was approved and I was able to get an appointment for Thursday afternoon!! Roger was the guy who did it, and he did a great job. I had a panic button to hang on to, a wedge under my legs/knees, and he even gave me a warm blanket and tucked in my feet! He gave me earplugs, and explained that it was an open-sided machine; but it still didn’t look like something I wanted to visually experience, so as soon as the movement started, I closed my eyes tight and didn’t open them until 35 minutes later when Roger was taking away my panic button and removing the arm/chest tray protector thing that he attached before the procedure. While I was “in the tunnel”, I prayed, recited the Lord’s Prayer and other church doctrine, sang songs (in my head), and reviewed scriptures that I had memorized. I have an appointment Monday to get the results and discuss the next step.
This morning we’re headed to the senior thrift store again, even though it is raining and we can’t go topless. After that, I am going for Monday’s massage, which got re-rescheduled for today.

No comments: