Field of Dreams

Sunday, October 4, 2009

800 miles in 2 days

We are 'parked' in Vancouver, WA (hometown of Nascar driver Greg Biffle), but have not seen much of the area. We've been in the Mini - touring the northern Oregon coast and the southern Washington coast. Friday we saw many of the Oregon state parks and beaches, were rained on, ate out, & drove home in the dark after adding 500 miles on the odometer. Yesterday we went back to the Washington coast to go to the World Kite Museum & Hall of Fame. I made a kite while we were there & we went to the nearby beach where I flew it until I ran out of string! WHEE! I was afraid the birds might fly through the string & get tangled, but they flew right by. While we were in Long Beach, WA we also went to the cranberry museum. No free samples like the Ocean Spray factory in Henderson, NV, but still good.


Earlier in the week, we enjoyed visiting with the travel agent that did all the footwork for our Vietnam excursion. She and her husband took us all around Olympia & we saw places that John & I would've missed out on. We walked through the WA state capitol building. (WOW!) We went to where the Olympia beer brewery used to be & saw many salmon on their trek upstream. We went to a really cool restaurant for lunch, overlooking the southern most end of Puget Sound & that night, we ate a delicious supper at their house, complete with apple pie & vanilla ice cream.


It has been a fun week, including celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary! Yep, 3 years ago we were in Dyersville, IA with 2 friends and most of our immediate family. We are blessed to be able to spend so much time together, feeling like we are on a constant honeymoon!

No comments: