Last Friday after posting the blog, I logged on to Grand Canyon University's website to see what I was in for. I couldn't access everything, since the class didn't officially start until Monday, but I could access the syllabus. I printed it off & looked it over, sending myself into a frenzy for the rest of the day. It was just too much! I was terrified the rest of the day, wondering what I had gotten myself into & remembering that I had until Monday to drop out with a full refund. I also remembered how I am usually scared when I start something new, so deep down, I knew that dropping out was not an option. Being human, I tortured myself until Saturday morning, when I sat down & did what I should have done Friday morning. PRAY. A few moments later, I had the Lord's peace & even a song in my heart to remind me why I'm doing this. The Voice of Truth, by Casting Crowns. The chorus sings 'The Voice of Truth tells me a different story, the Voice of Truth says 'Do Not be Afraid'. The Voice of Truth, says 'This is for My Glory'. Out of all the voices calling out to me, I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth.'
Sunday in church, the preacher was speaking of giving things up for Lent. He mentioned menial things such as chocolate & I thought 'Chocolate is NOT menial!' He continued to say that if you find yourself thinking 'I can't do that, it's too hard', say that to the face of the One who died on the cross. Once again, the preacher was preaching right to me.
That night, reading the bible with John, I read from Joshua 1:5-9 where it says 'Be strong & courageous...'(6), 'Be strong & very courageous...'(7), 'Have I not commanded you? Be strong & courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.'(9) Three times it was written & emphasized more each time so any doubt would be erased & I was sure to get the message.
Monday morning when I logged onto the school website, I was confident that I could do this, as I was not doing it by myself. It has not been an easy week, but it has been possible. Yes, I have buried my head in my hands in desperation more than once, then bowed my head in prayer.
Once again, I say Thank You Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment