As for the rest of our week, I had an appointment with a dr. for a check up. My cholesterol is high again, so I'll be aiming to lower it over the next 3 months. While I was at the doctors office, I had two big chunks of ear wax removed (one in each ear). I didn't realize they were there, but when I told John, he asked "so, can you hear better?" What I heard was "do your ears feel better?" When I answered, "my ears didn't hurt to begin with", we laughed & realized that I guess I can't hear any better!
One morning this week, I drove to Atlanta. Sometime after Macon, it began to rain & when I got to downtown Atlanta, I really had trouble seeing in front of me. I wondered "how is it that we are all not running into each other?!" It wasn't raining that hard, but I sure couldn't see. I didn't see the sign that said I-85 until I was right there & couldn't get in the lane to stay on I-75. I managed to get off of 85 & didn't wander long until I was back on 75 like I should've been. When I told my aunt about my difficulty seeing, she said it was probably fog! This desert girl was NOT used to that! Once I got to my grandmothers, she & I drove to my aunts & we all drove to Chattanooga to visit my great aunt & her 102 year old husband. We all had a wonderful time visiting & laughing & counting our blessings! The next day we did the same thing in reverse - with NO rain!! Oh, Thank You Jesus!!
One morning this week, I drove to Atlanta. Sometime after Macon, it began to rain & when I got to downtown Atlanta, I really had trouble seeing in front of me. I wondered "how is it that we are all not running into each other?!" It wasn't raining that hard, but I sure couldn't see. I didn't see the sign that said I-85 until I was right there & couldn't get in the lane to stay on I-75. I managed to get off of 85 & didn't wander long until I was back on 75 like I should've been. When I told my aunt about my difficulty seeing, she said it was probably fog! This desert girl was NOT used to that! Once I got to my grandmothers, she & I drove to my aunts & we all drove to Chattanooga to visit my great aunt & her 102 year old husband. We all had a wonderful time visiting & laughing & counting our blessings! The next day we did the same thing in reverse - with NO rain!! Oh, Thank You Jesus!!
In February, I had made reservations to attend a paper crafting expo on Friday. That was such a fun day! I had signed up to be a "VIP" in one of the classes - helping the instructor with whatever she needed, and still be able to complete the project. I made a flip up book and in another class, I made a fabric covered photo book, but not like I've done before. The fabric book still has some assembly required, so there's no picture. This one only has some finishing touches to go.
Today, John & I 'moved' to South Carolina! We are here to get "home repairs" done. We hope to get the slide fixed (again) so that one of us doesn't have to push from the outside while
one pushes the button inside. Also, the stove... and the kitchen faucet... and the dryer... Then we have some preventative maintenance that needs to be done.
Oh, school is still going on. I don't know how I did for grades on my first week... that is on my list after "finishing the blog". :)
Have a blessed week!
No comments:
Post a Comment