Field of Dreams

Friday, April 23, 2010

40 and a HALF!!

The week began with John & I going to the Mossy Creek Barnyard Festival in Perry, GA. We'd not been there before so we didn't know what to expect. We enjoyed the entertainment of a ventriliquist/magician, geared toward kids but we laughed out loud several times! We got to see some new twists on some of the magic tricks we know, which was great! We listened to mountain music and the band concluded with 'Rocky Top'. We also saw some cloggers who wore me out just watching them! There was a lot of handmade creations for sale and of course food and drink, but we passed on all of it. It was nice to be in the woods and enjoy the beauty of nature. I was sure to put bug spray on before we left, so I escaped with no new bites!!

Sunday we went to the local church, seeing many friends from two years ago. It was wonderful to be welcomed so warmly. It made me think that "this must be what heaven will be like!"

We enjoyed eating supper with my cousins in Macon one evening. It's always fun to be with family and cousins are among the best! John has come to accept that when I say 'my cousin', it could mean 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or even by marriage! I am blessed with a wonderful family.

This week brought the end of life on earth for two of our friends. Thank You Jesus for your promise that this is not the end of life forever!

Sunday is my 1/2 birthday, and I will be celebrating it at Talladega Super Speedway in Alabama!! WOO HOO!! 'DEGA BABY!!!! John is so good to treat me and my birthdays so special!

Oh, as promised through race season, the winner of last week's race was Denny Hamlin. That's his 2nd win in a row. More exciting than that is that I got a 98% on my assignment!! This week is the last week of my first class and Monday begins my second class. This time I won't wait so long to pray!

No comments: