Field of Dreams

Friday, April 9, 2010

GO BRAVES!

I do not know the grade I received on my last assignment, but I do know that I have 2 weeks left of this class! One (almost) down, 9 (at least) to go! Quite often I want to quit, but I remember my reason for doing this - to glorify God, and if this be His will, I will not quit. One of my classmates said that "God gives us the desires of our heart." I didn't realize at first that all this work was my heart's desire, but I have been praying to seek and do His will, and what do you know? Another piece of the puzzle fits in and again, I get a glimpse of God's plan. I love it!

Since last week was Easter, there was no race for us to watch. It was a wonderful day to go to church (had to go early to ensure getting a back seat! - ha ha) We didn't go to the sunrise service as I like to, but we went and sang 'Christ the Lord has risen today' a requirement for Easter in my mind! I had arrived back from ID/NV on Saturday with a cough/cold, so after church, we came home & I went back to bed. I'm still coughing, but so are many that I talk to. Allergy season has arrived across much of the nation, so my woes may be partly due to the blooming beauty outside.

We were looking forward to seeing our r.v.ing friends "Flakey the Clown" & "Mrs. Flakey" when they arrived from Florida this month, but Mrs. Flakey had a stroke this week and is paralyzed on her right side. We are praying for a strong recovery for her. Flakey was a strong influence in John's interest in magic & we enjoy their friendship. (His website is one of those that I display off to the right.)

This week brought 36 years since "Hammerin' Hank" Aaron broke Babe Ruth's home run record on April 8, 1974! GO BRAVES! We don't have any concrete plans, but I really hope John & I can find a date to go to a game while we're here in GA. The last time I went to a game was thanks to my sister-in-law who took me for my 35th birthday. My niece & nephew were also there, which I enjoyed more than the game. That was a great night!




This week also brought the appointment for my first mammogram. Not thrilling, but a responsibility that I now have. I'm thrilled to say that it really wasn't bad! It was uncomfortable, but it didn't hurt like I expected it to. WHEW! The technician was excellent, and hopefully I can return to her for every mammogram in the future! She asked where I was from & I told her that my husband & I live in our r.v. & travel around the country. She said "You have an accent", & asked where I grew up. I thought that was pretty funny, someone in the south telling me I have an accent... When I told her that I grew up in Las Vegas, she said that she would've guessed Canada! I laughed out loud & said "What!?" She said she can hear it in my O's. I blamed it on John being from Minne'snow'ta & said that he must be rubbing off on me. (tho' only one person has said that John has an accent) I told the tech. that I was born in GA & she couldn't believe it! "Holy Smokers! I have a MN accent, do I? Yah, fer sure, yooou betcha!" "Well, ah'll be rollin' in goose feathers, ain't that a booger ya'll?" Here I thought I was a good ol' Georgia peach, and I talk like a darn Yankee. I'm a proud American, either way!

Ya'll have a humdinger of a week! Yah, Bye now!

No comments: