Field of Dreams

Friday, December 31, 2010

7 year SMOOCH!

This second week off from school has been wonderfully relaxing! I am not the only one who likes to snuggle up in warm clothes fresh from the dryer. Candy chases me when I bring out warm clothes to fold, and is usually laying in them before I get done.

Christmas Eve we enjoyed a potluck dinner and white elephant gift exchange at the campground. John walked away with a stubby multi-head screwdriver and I chose a candle holder.


Christmas morning we opened our cards and gifts. Santa John spoiled me again; this time with a portable DVD player, a spa gift certificate, and a beautiful ring that I think looks like a snowflake.
While I was enjoying my gifts, I kept imagining the joy on the children’s faces of the families that the campground adopted this year. We bought & wrapped a bunch of gifts for them, and prepared boxes of food for them.

Christmas afternoon we celebrated with 27 other members of our campground family at another potluck. We had a very blessed Christmas and hope you did too.

Sunday after church we visited with our friends in Stockbridge, GA, and then continued on to Marietta to visit with my grandmother. The family Christmas was postponed that morning due to the snow that blanketed the area north of Atlanta, so the three of us had our own celebration complete with frozen pizza!

I’ve squeezed in a little schoolwork this week to stay ahead, but have really enjoyed the time off. We went to look at RVs this week. Not that we’re looking for a new one, but we enjoy seeing what’s out there, plus it doesn’t cost to look! The size of our home intimidates me when it comes to driving it, so we looked at smaller homes. There are surprisingly few out there. I think we looked at seven of them, ranging from 23’ to 31’. It was fun to look, and decide what we like and don’t like about them. It gives us a better idea of just what we want when it is time to buy! The larger one had a huge bathroom in it that I was able to stretch my arms out and turn back & forth! I regret not getting a picture of that one!
The rest of the week I’ve enjoyed making cards and relaxing.

Tonight makes 7 years since John & I shared our first kiss. What a great memory of being on Las Vegas Blvd. with more than 300,000 others, but feeling like we’re the only ones in the world!

No comments: