I am recovering wonderfully, though I continued to take it easy through the weekend. I relaxed on the couch and at one point managed to sneak up on JAWS and carry him to the couch with me long enough for a picture!
John is working with JAWS and has introduced him to 'gimme 5'!
One night this week John found a movie on TV that he thought I’d like, called ‘The 12 Men of Christmas’. I did like it and it was interesting to see some of what I’ve been learning in school put into action by the businesswoman in the movie. Another night I watched ‘The Christmas Strike’, with a message that what makes Christmas special is spending time together. John is usually not a movie watcher, but he enjoys the classic ones so we also watched ‘Meet me in St. Louis’ with Judy Garland and ‘White Christmas’ with Bing Crosby. One night John found a movie starring Kevin Bacon, titled ‘My Dog Skip’ on TV and we watched that. I knew from the title that it was a bad idea – anything with animals or kids is going to make me cry. We watched it and sure enough, I cried at the end. Luckily, my niece called afterward which cheered me up.
My niece and I both enjoy raisin bread and I was bragging that I’d had some for breakfast that morning. She said that her mom just bought a whole loaf, so she gets it every day! Then we talked about blueberry muffins (another mutual favorite), and how she is only allowed one a day because they make her so hyper. She said she’d just had one, to which she added “that’s why I’m talking so much!”
My niece and I both enjoy raisin bread and I was bragging that I’d had some for breakfast that morning. She said that her mom just bought a whole loaf, so she gets it every day! Then we talked about blueberry muffins (another mutual favorite), and how she is only allowed one a day because they make her so hyper. She said she’d just had one, to which she added “that’s why I’m talking so much!”
John found another car he liked, right here in the campground! We stopped and talked to the guy; he used to be a bartender in Bremerton, WA.
As for school, I earned an A- in my marketing class and am now two weeks into Intrapreneurship and Innovation. I was thrilled to find out this week that we really do get two weeks off for Christmas break!!! YIPPEE!!! I hope to visit with family and friends as well as make some Christmas goodies (Oreos dipped in chocolate and decorated), make some crafts, and maybe get ahead on some of my school work. MAYBE! John was not willing to take a two week trip to HAWAII, but he did agree to go back to the beach if we get a sunny day!
Last night, Merry Christmas Charlie Brown was on TV and it's always great to see it. Not only do I like Charlie Brown, but this one is especially good, because at the end, Linus stands on stage - a school auditorium stage with an American flag on it, and recites the Christmas story - THE Christmas story from The Bible, about Jesus' birth! My point is that it's still on TV!!! Praise God that it hasn't been banned!
No comments:
Post a Comment