That night, we were excited to take our grandson to the races, which we usually go to at least once during our summer visits. When we arrived, there was no sign of racing that night. The sign said racing was "every Friday night", and when John had called to check on racing he was told the same thing... "every Friday night". We found someone moving the porta-potties and he said that the racing was in Cedar Lake, WI that night. We went there last summer, and while it was a nice track, it was also 180 miles away. As a consolation, we took grandson to Applebee's for supper, then wandered around WalMart. Do we know how to have a good time or what?!? To top it all off, we stopped at Perkins Restaurant for desserts!
Throughout the week, we attended the soccer practice of one granddaughter and the soccer game of another. The soccer field is attached to a park, where I'm not sure which kids had more fun...
Before school was out, I made a list of things I wanted to do when I was done and this week, I checked one item as done. When my grandmother died several years ago, I told my lil' bro' that I'd make a jewelry tree from her jewelry that he chose. This is my creation... as you can see, there is plenty of room to add on as time passes. In my mind, ideally, the entire green area will be covered, and the trunk will be more solid.
Wednesday, we celebrated birthdays of John's twins and took the one that lives here out to breakfast.
The waitresses at Judy's are really great and spoil us; remember John's birthday pancakes? Today, Amber got a birthday cookie and the whole restaurant sang!
After breakfast, we stopped at the cemetery to say 'bye' for this summer to Grandma. The cemetery had filled in some dirt to make Grandpa's grave more level. Next year both should have nice green grass growing.
Yesterday morning, we said our 'good-byes' to the kids and families and the wheels were rolling.
We stopped last night at "Camp Wally" aka ParkMart aka WalMart parking lot in Des Moines, IA. This morning we're up bright and early to stop by American Dream Machines, "the largest full-service classic car dealership in the area, occupying 41,000 square foot of an historic Packard dealership that was built in 1929" (http://www.admcars.com/).
Be sure to check back next week to see if something other than the MINI is pushing the rig...
No comments:
Post a Comment