Field of Dreams

Friday, December 9, 2011

STRESSED is DESSERTS spelled backward!

In my haste to get the blog up last week, I forgot to mention that John announced that he is ‘officially’ an old man… he has cataracts! The optometrist told him he still had a few years before surgery would be necessary. Good thing he’s letting me practice driving the MINI!!


Sunday after a campground worship service reminding us of the importance and release of forgiveness, we went to the community worship service, and then to the ‘first Sunday potluck’, which is always a good time with yummy food and comfortable fellowship. Yes, my favorite pineapple sandwiches were there, and I had two!!
The remainder of the day, we enjoyed a Monster Jam marathon!!! We all enjoyed the laid back day. Being unable to just watch TV, I made some more Christmas cards and wrapped the remainder of our gifts.







At some point during the week, we noticed that there was finally a "Hometown of NASCAR Driver DAVID RAGAN" sign posted in our little winter town of Unadilla, GA!



Monday we went to my cardiologist to get the test results from last week’s heart ultrasound and stress test. The ultrasound came back normal, but I ‘failed’ my stress test… my reasoning is that I was forbidden from chocolate for the 24 hours prior. How can I not be stressed when my chocolate is taken away!!! The nurse practitioner said that some of the ekg readouts were not clear, and to be sure that there is no blockage in my heart, a nuclear stress test was scheduled for later in the week.
Monday night we drove 40 miles to near Cochran, GA to see the Tripp Family Christmas light display.
http://trippchristmas.com Every light in their yard is a prayer that has been answered. It is quite an inspirational display. They stopped counting at over 100+ thousand lights.















Tuesday we visited with my great aunt. She remembered how John likes meatloaf, so that is what we had for lunch, as well as delicious mashed potatoes, peas, and carrots! We had a wonderful lunch together with my cousins. Dessert was just as special, as there was a delicious variety of sweets – including several yummy looking chocolate delights! However, in preparation for my nuclear stress test the next day, I was once again forbidden to eat chocolate.



Early Wednesday morning, I walked on the treadmill again, and this time only had to get my heart rate to 151. During that time, I was nuked, and then layed on a table while a machine slowly turned over my chest and took pictures. I was released from all restrictions, so John took me to breakfast at the Wellston Diner in Warner Robins. I had a cup of hot chocolate, eggs, bacon, a biscuit, and two servings of grits! John, being a northerner does not appreciate grits, which just means more for me!!
That day marked the 70th anniversary of the attack at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, and I was saddened, but proud to see the American flag and all the State flags on Robins AFB being flown at half staff.




After we ate and met up with friends from the campground, I returned for part two of my nuclear stress test. More pictures! That part was easy. Just lay down on the table. I didn’t even have to smile for the camera, but I was so glad not to have an i.v. in me, that I smiled anyway – for the whole 15 minutes! I have an appointment Monday to follow up.
Since the cardiology office did not call me with urgent news that night, I decided to spend time with my grandmother. Yesterday, John drove me to Marietta and will come back for me tomorrow. He cannot get by without the MINI for very long. Fortunately, he can do without me for a few days at a time.
Today would be my other grandmother’s 99th birthday! Happy 3rd Heavenly Birthday Gram!!

No comments: