Field of Dreams

Friday, December 2, 2011

What day is it??

“Is it Thursday or Friday?” John asked. “It’s FRIDAY!” I excitedly replied. In my mind, Friday represents payday and the start of the weekend, which is always reason to be excited! My excitement overrode my responsibilities, as it didn't occur to me that Friday is when I post the blog. I hadn't even thought about it until a short time later, when John handed me something he’d printed off and asked me to mail it when I mail out the blog to friends of ours… “the blog! Is it Friday?”
So went our conversation this morning. Here I was thinking that I was doing so well staying on schedule today. I walked, made calls to take care of business, and was wrapping gifts for our friends here in the campground. Since Candy was soaking up the warmth from the computer, and did not look willing to let me use it, I finished wrapping the gifts, then told Candy that I had to use the computer to get the blog done.

We did go out on black Friday last week, after putting up our Christmas tree.

We went to the Exchange on Robins AFB. I don’t think we bought anything that was at a greatly marked down price, but we did get most of our shopping done. We’ve also done a lot of ‘cyber shopping’ this year.
Last Saturday night John & I drove about 80 miles to Jackson, GA to visit my cousins, and to see my dad & his wife as they passed through on the way to winter in AZ. It is always great to see family. These cousins I had not seen in about 30 years!

Sunday morning we attended campground church as well as church in town. After being doubly blessed, John drove us to Atlanta to see my grandmother. We visited for a while, and then he came back to Unadilla, leaving me there to spend two nights with her. During our time together, we laughed, memorized a Bible verse (Romans 8:28), looked at pictures, laughed, ate lasagna that I’d made for us, baked cookies, laughed, slept, visited with other family members that came over, laughed, and slept in. I always feel like I’m at a luxury hotel when I’m there. Everything is very nice, but it’s livable, not like a ‘do not touch’ museum.

Tuesday, my cousin & I decorated our grandmother’s house for Christmas. It was a good time for all!!

That afternoon when John returned to pick me up, we stopped in Stockbridge to visit our friends, which is always a fun time with lots of laughter. After a meal at the Waffle House (which we refer to as the “awful house”, but it’s one of our southern favorites!) we stopped to fuel the new MINI, and I drove home!!! There were minimal comments from the passenger seat, so I think I might get to do it again!!
After Wednesday morning’s breakfast, I had to fast for my cardiac stress test that afternoon. I also had an echocardiogram (heart ultrasound) done. Watching & listening to my heart on the ultrasound machine was really cool, and I was wishing that my camera wasn’t in my pocketbook, hanging on the door, so I could’ve taken a video of it! Next time I’ll try to plan better. After that it was time for the regular treadmill stress test…I was concerned about having the i.v. stuck in me, but agreed with the cardiologist that if my heart took off, it was a good idea to have that step taken care of if the need to administer medicine became necessary. The i.v. stick went fine, whew! I walked about 8 minutes on the treadmill and my heart reached the desired 178 beats per minute, then I was allowed to cool down a little, and finally sit down and rest! They offered me soda, but I chose good ol’ water, and they gave me a granola bar. It seemed to take longer than usual for my heart rate to return to normal. I sat for over 40 minutes waiting for it to get to the rate of 82 where it was when we began… the nurses & doctor & I had a wonderful time talking about all kinds of things; travelling, baseball, NASCAR racing, monster trucks, and more. They said that I was good company for the afternoon. Once my heart rate was steadily into the high 80s/low 90s and I was feeling closer to normal, I was allowed to leave. I return to see my cardiologist on Monday to find out the results.
John treated me to Shakey’s pizza for lunch, and then took me to Hancock Fabrics to get some more odds & ends for my crafting therapy! Speaking of which, while I was at my grandmother’s, I tied this fleece blanket as a Christmas gift for our granddaughter.

It was fun and easy, therefore, very therapeutic, and I’d love to make more!

Last night we went to the Hawkinsville Opera House and enjoyed the Georgia Big Band. They played a variety of music, including “Take the ‘A’ Train”, “Don’t Get Around Much Anymore”, and “Sing, Sing, Sing”.

Before each song, the narrator offered information on the tune, and a vocalist accompanied on some of the music. After intermission, they played Christmas music, and gave an encore of “In the Mood”.










No comments: