Field of Dreams

Friday, March 16, 2012

Doggie Fix!

Last Saturday night was the most fun I’ve had in a while. There was a family night potluck at church, and I was bummed that John didn’t go, but there was a race on, so I understood. While I am a race fan too, I am also a fan of eating, especially when the food is as good as it is when my GA church family prepares it. Our preacher’s 2 little grandsons were there, and as the older one was carefully spooning food onto his plate he said, “I know this is going to be good…” When I asked him how he knew that, he said “I’ve had it before!” At 6 and 4 years old, those two kept me entertained all evening. After a delicious supper, eight of us went upstairs to the sanctuary and sang. I think it was mostly an informal practice for Sunday morning’s special music, but we sang a multitude of songs, glorifying God and making precious memories. The absolute best part about my Saturday night was when I got home John had washed the sinkful of dishes that I’d left. AND he put them away!!
Since I had practiced the night before, I joined in the singing worship Sunday morning in front of many more than eight parishioners! I was a little nervous, but I tried to recall the joy from the night before, and remember that I was praising God with those I love and who love me.







We don’t usually have two ‘special music’ times, but after the 5 person choir sang, a younger gentleman played the guitar and sang ‘How Great Thou Art’. One of my favorite hymns, and he did an outstanding job.
Most of the week has been routine, with me reading and schooling, and John computing and t.v.ing. However, we did venture to Wal-Mart, and John bought me these pretty roses.




Yesterday morning my friend and I walked our two miles, and as I was walking back to the rig, there was a couple eating breakfast outside, and they had a dog! A big, white, fluffy, playful looking dog. I asked if I may pet their dog, and when they said ‘yes’, it was on! This cutie was so much like my Boulder, except she was white, and Boulder was black.

(Sasha, 2012)


(Boulder, 2005)


We played and roughhoused for a good long time as the couple enjoyed their breakfast. It was so much fun, and I didn’t want to leave my new playmate, but they planned to leave today, and were beginning to pack up. That doggie fix will have to last until I see my playmate Diesel in MN.

No comments: