Field of Dreams

Friday, March 2, 2012

Where are you from?

Look! The cats have bunk beds!!



Friday and Saturday were filled with racing! We watched on t.v. cheering and critiquing throughout! Sunday morning we attended campground church and heard the message on God’s strength. Several Bible verses were referred to, and I think the most popular one about strength is Philippians 4:13 which states that “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (NKJV).
After that truthful inspiration, we expected to watch The Great American Race – the Daytona 500! However, after enjoying the pre-race show and opening ceremonies, the race was called on account of rain… that was a first for the Daytona 500. It was rescheduled for Monday at noon, which was fine because I had an appointment that morning at 9, and figured it’d be no problem to make it back in plenty of time. Nothing’s wrong, but I spent 1 ½ hours in the doctor’s office! With the doctor! Actually, she was a student, but I learned in massage therapy school that students are usually on the cusp of new information, so I leapt at the chance! We talked a lot! I didn’t feel rushed at all, and it was really relaxing, especially for a visit to the doctor!! Then it was time to draw my blood, and the relaxation was out the door! Since I had been fasting since the night before, John took me out for lunch and we heard that the race had been postponed once more until 7 that night. Once it began, it was a very exciting race, and due to an extended red flag, wasn’t over until Tuesday! Another first! Neither my or John’s favorites won the race, but mine was way ahead of his! GO JR!


After going to bed at 1 a.m., we got up at 7 a.m. to go for another medical test for me, and after the doctor had talked with me, he asked where I was from… I chuckled and said that I was mostly from Las Vegas, but now my husband and I travel all around. Then, remembering the last time I was asked this, (see http://ontheroadcoles.blogspot.com/2010/04/go-braves.html) I said “Do I sound like I’m from Canada?” He replied “Well, Wisconsin or somewhere close by…” I told him that we spend a lot of time in MinneSNOWta, and that I must’ve picked up their accent. He exclaimed “Yep, that’s it! Minnesota!”

Wednesday we went to John’s doctor appointment, and after that, we went to 3 different thrift stores!! I was looking for yarn and a NKJV study Bible, preferably a life application one. Neither was at the first one, but I did find a great sunhat and a pair of slacks. The second one had a lot of books, but not what I’m looking for. However, there was yarn, so I can continue to knit in between studying. One more stop to look for the study Bible, but nope. The second thrift store – Kings Cleft Thrift Store & Outreach was huge and had a lot of treasures, so I hope to go back there when we’re in the area. It’s about 70 miles from where we’re at in Unadilla, so it’s not a daily venture.
Yesterday was customer appreciation day at our local DQ, which I had really been looking forward to. John had a giant chocolate malt and I had a hamburger, fries, Coke, and a Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard. If we save our receipt and return with it anytime during the last ½ of this month, we’ll get that same order – for FREE!!! We came back to the campground and picnicked in the car by the pond. The distressed look on John’s face is from forgetful me slamming into his shoulder where he got his pneumonia shot Wednesday.
It’s still really sore. Again, I’m sorry sweetheart!

The place where we ate lunch earlier this week after my doctor appointment gave us a discount coupon for a play nearby at the Perry Players Community Theatre, so last night we attended. We laughed watching the plot unfold as a drug was discovered that accidentally gave men female menopausal symptoms. The poor men were weepy, cranky, and hot flashing. It was very funny, but at the same time discouraging as it gave John and I a glimpse of what ‘we’ are in for.

Our friend in Vietnam sent us a care package this week! We each got a hat, and I got a pretty bracelet too!

No comments: