Saturday John and I went to Lewiston Hot August Nights, but during the day. Since I have the ‘hitch in my giddy-up’ and it hurts to stand or walk, my lil’ bro’ lent me a wheelchair for the day. It somewhat affected my pride, but I knew there was no way I would be able to walk around the show. I quickly forgot about my pride as John was wheeling me around. In John’s book, anything with wheels has to go fast! Including wheelchairs!! YIKES! John wheeled me through the whole car show, being very attentive to everything I pointed out. It was interesting viewing the cars from a lower angle.
That night we went to a star gazing event on the Dworshak Dam. There were a few telescopes set up that we could look through, and one of them was aimed at the moon.
Sunday morning we went to church with our friends whom we floated the river with the week prior. We enjoyed the drive up to their town although there were fires surrounding the area and the air was pretty smoky. After a good message and singing The Old Rugged Cross, which we hadn’t sung since GA, we got the grand tour of their house and property, which was beautiful. I love their kitchen – it has a chalkboard wall!!! We had a great afternoon fellowshipping and candidly discussing our salvation with gratitude.
Tuesday afternoon I had a massage scheduled to relieve some of my pain, and I felt better the second I walked in the door! I was greeted by a chow chow!
I have had several chow chows in my adult life, and my heart opened right up as I made this new friend. Unfortunately we had to discontinue the doggy therapy and the massage therapist began working on me. I have another bodywork appointment next week. Maybe I should schedule extra time for my doggy therapy!
That night I received even more therapy from my sweet niece! I am greatly blessed to be so well cared for!
This was the first week of school for our kids here and they all adapted back to the routine well.
John’s morning routine has continued from MN that he goes to get a cup of coffee, although he’s missing the visits with his daughters. One morning John went to the bakery and brought back a bunch of day old doughnuts! YUM!! After devouring 3 of them before lunch, he suggested we freeze some to help us ration them!
This week brought heartbreak as my niece’s pony Annie, who has been part of the family for 10 years had a stroke and had to be put down. We are dealing with the sadness by sharing our memories with each other, remembering what a great pony she was. She and Kathryn won many, many ribbons together.
![]() |
| Annie and Kathryn about 2008 |
Annie has been retired from competition for the past few years, but continued to be loved and well cared for by Kathryn, who is a horse girl through and through. Since Annie retired, Kathryn has been competing and showing her horse Breezy. I think Kathryn knows all there is to know about horses, but she is taking riding lessons, and last night I attended. She did a great job and so did Breezy!
Her instructor had a pond which was too beautiful and relaxing not to take a picture of.
Last night my nephew spent the night again, and now we’re on our way to karate!

No comments:
Post a Comment