Field of Dreams

Friday, August 24, 2012

Floating along!

Too early last Friday, the youth that John had scheduled to wash the rig came. They did a great job, but we had gotten in just after 4 a.m. from picking up my dad at the airport. The 8 a.m. wake up call did not provide enough sleep time, but we lounged and slept until my lil’ bro’ called at 2:45 and said he was on his way to pick up dad. While dad was getting ready, my lil’ bro’, who is an awesome physical therapist, took time to evaluate the ‘hitch in my giddyup’, or the ‘pain in my butt’ that has plagued me for over two years, but began affecting my way of life this summer. He determined that my right sacro-iliac (SI) joint was locked up and would likely need a manipulation to free it. Unfortunately, having a diagnosis did not make the pain go away. 
However, that night John noticed the ice cream truck drive through the campground… we rushed out, and remembering how delicious the huckleberry dumplings were last week, we ordered huckleberry ice cream!! That made everything better!
Saturday I enjoyed watching my nieces perform in a 4H dog show. Kathryn earned several blue ribbons, a red ribbon, and a first place ribbon with her dog Windu, and Sara earned blue ribbons in each event she entered with the family dog SAM. After the official show, there were fun events, including a look alike contest, and a dress up contest. Here's Batdog and a lil' cowdog


That night we rushed the ice cream lady again.

Sunday morning John and I attended Orofino Community Church and discovered our Orofino church home! We originally went because they had an early service, so we could church and race. The message from Ephesians provided just what we needed, and disciplined me, pointing out that once you think you have a grasp on humility, you lose it all. My discovery last week was only the beginning! Now I have to act in humility, and that was good for me to hear!
After church we watched the NASCAR race. Later that day we floated the Clearwater River with friends from long ago who recently moved from southern Nevada. We made fun memories there and now they live 25 miles from where my brother lives. It was a great reunion, and I’m sure the first of many more good times!


Hooray for the ice cream lady! She drove through again on that evening! She informed us that she would not be back until the following Friday, which of course we were both disappointed and relieved about. 

Tuesday my lil’ bro’ got me an appointment with a chiropractic colleague of his and between the two of them, they determined that my pelvic girdle was out of alignment. When the chiropractor asked if I had ever been to a chiropractor before, I smiled and said “no, it’s against massage therapy rules”. We laughed and he told me that he has a massage therapist on staff who is a great asset to his practice and his patients, to which I replied that “many chiropractors are coming around”, and they really are. When I went to massage therapy school 8 years ago, there was a not so unspoken conflict between chiropractors and massage therapists. However, there is a noticeable bridge being built between the two that is really making a difference in bodywork.
Other happenings of the week are that my dad flew back home after fixing anything he could find, and two of my nieces and my nephew have slept over with John and I. School continues to keep me very occupied, so I haven’t had time to make tasty treats with them yet, although fuddy nutty noodle doodles, chocolate covered oreos, and puppy chow are at the top of our list! Yesterday afternoon we all went to the water park nearby and had a splashing good time!

No comments: