Field of Dreams

Friday, October 22, 2010

Goodbye 40...

Last weekend’s races were from Charlotte Motor Speedway in NC, so our Saturday was filled with sitting in front of the T.V. & napping. It's not that the racing was boring, it's just that our chairs are very comfy! (This picture doesn't flatter John & give evidence of the 50 + pounds that he's lost this year, but it's appropriate with his grip on the remote!)

We were thrilled to see Jamie McMurray win his third race this season!
I turned in my first assignment for my marketing class. My Financial Decision Making class brought a final grade of ‘B’, which I was thrilled about. I have no doubt that God did all of the work in that class! Thank you Jesus!
In church Sunday, it was re-iterated that no work done for the Lord is wasted and that there are multiple ministries to serve in that don't require ordination. There’s the ministry of taking care of things at church like taking out the trash, or the ministry of serving others, which always provides opportunities!
The rest of the week has been devoted to reading four chapters in my Marketing book, and I still have seven pages to go! The assignment due this week is a 750 – 1000 word paper which is almost complete. Just about every ounce of creative intelligence has gone into writing that paper, I'm sorry if this week's blog is not up to par. Since I'm going to school to glorify God, it was a perfect reminder that all the effort will not be wasted.
Wednesday was 10-20-2010, (ten twenty twenty ten) and a friend & I celebrated at DQ!

This will be my last blog while I'm 40. As a pre-birthday gift (or maybe my actual birthday gift?), John brought these beautiful roses to me that smell heavenly!

Monday is my birthday, and while HAWAII was an awesome way to turn 40, Georgia is a gorgeous place to celebrate 41!
Maybe next week I will come up with 41 things I'm thankful for... I know there's at least that many! 1) my husband, 2)our families, 3) our friends,4) flowers...

No comments: