Field of Dreams

Friday, May 20, 2011

What's the name of that company?

This has seemed to be an even faster week since last week's blog didn't post until Sunday.
On Monday the crew from Precision Painting began the work of x-bracing our rig. All the guys there seemed to be top notch, and we discovered that they do more than paint and body. They
work on everything except engines and transmissions. We named off the list of things that has broken on our rig and they said 'yes' to all of it. Broken stove? Yes! Refrigerator recall work? Yes! Washer/Dryer repair? Yes! Hooray, now we have a place to come for repairs if needed while we are in the midwest. We've got Tony's RV in Lexington, SC and now Precision Painting in Bremen, IN. (www.precisionrvinteriors.com)
(before)(after)

During the time that our rig was getting strengthened, we toured the paint & body shop of Precision Painting. They are contracted with Entegra Coach to paint their new rigs, and they also prep and paint old rigs. The quality they produce is beautiful. We could see our reflection in the finished product.










When the x-bracing was done, the windshield guy came in to make sure it was in like it was suppose to be so there was less chance it would pop out again. He slid out the driver's glass to ensure the track was clean before he set it correctly.







This picture is looking underneath the rig at the additional x-bracing that Precision Painting welded on to reduce the sway and rock of the rig as we roll down the road. While we were in the area, we also toured the Entegra Coach factory. When Travel Supreme went out of business, members of the Jayco family purchased the Travel Supreme 'stuff' and became Entegra Coach. This is a picture of the x-bracing that is done in the new rigs. Looks just like ours, except you can see it clearer.







While we were in the 'Michiana' area, we stopped and ate at Middlebury Hills Restaurant, in Middlebury. I ordered a tomato stuffed with chicken salad, and it came with fruit. Boy did it ever!! It was so pretty, I had to take a picture of it, and when I dug in, it tasted even better! The chicken salad was the best I'd had since my great aunt made me chicken salad 20+ years ago.











Wednesday morning we were ready to move on. It was a cloudy, misty, foggy day, but the contrast of the stark trees in the fog made for some pretty pictures.











We crossed the line into Illinois and we are still amazed at how smoothly we made it through Chicago.











We arrived at the family farm and even had a sign waiting for us!



That evening, my dad and his wife presented John & I with our birthday/anniversary/whatever gift for the next few years - a grill!! Yesterday I tried it out for the first time with some pork tenderloin, a sweet potato, and some potatoes/peppers mixed. It wasn't awful. John said "Looks like the pork got burnt." I said "No, it's cajun style". (blackened, get it?) Either way, it was really good! Thanks Dad!!


This is a picture of how tall the corn is now. Hopefully I remember to get a picture of how tall it is when we leave. I wonder if I'll be able to 'hear' it grow this year.

(see
http://ontheroadcoles.blogspot.com/2010/06/listenwhats-that-sound.html)


I realize there are a lot of pictures this week. Since a picture is worth 1000 words, I wonder if my instructor would see the humor in my submitting this picture for my 1000 word essay this week... He'd probably think it was corny.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

More than Johns' accent is rubbing off on you