While we were setting the last arrangement, I felt a 'plop' on my head... AAACK! Is it raining? (I hope). Did you guys throw something at me? (Please!) Nope, it was really bird poop. My aunt confirmed it.
I realize this picture highlights my blue hair streaks better than the bird poop, but it seemed a little crazy to say "wait, don't wipe it out yet, I have to get a better picture for the blog!"
I had heard that it was good luck if a bird 'plopped' on you, and since I was at the cemetery, I figured it was an extra blessing from above. Since my grandfather sent the red bird to visit me last week, this 'blessing' was surely from my grandmother, who always made me feel special. Thanks Gram!
Sunday's race was almost won by Dale Jr., but he ran out of gas on the last lap and Kevin Harvick went on to win. I still can't talk about that.
There had been so much rain Sunday morning that many of the fields were flooded and in danger of washing out. There were 'rivers' flowing from several fields.
My dad had told us that he'd had a 'farm cat' wandering around for a few months and over the past few days we had began to make friends with her. Her underside looked as if she'd been nursing kittens, but never having a nursing cat or dog before, I wasn't sure, and I hadn't seen kittens around. I showed John and he said that "yes, she was nursing".
Just before we left to celebrate my aunt's birthday at Pizza Hut, John noticed the farm cat "Camoflauge" was trying to tell us something, and sure enough - John told Camoflauge "show me the kittens", and she did! (John is fluent in 'cat'). Five little kittens with their eyes mostly open! Of course I wanted to take them all, but we left them all right there.
This is how tall the corn was when we left.
Tuesday morning, John & I went to leave the family farm and 'click', the rig wouldn't start. Although my dad had a battery charger, John said "We'll jump it with the MINI". I really wish I'd have gotten a picture of that, as it was quite a sight! Hooray for the MINI! We drove to Scott's R.V., truck, and auto in Rockford, where we've gone before. We didn't even take time to hook up the MINI.
We made it to MN, and stayed one night near the Minneapolis VA where John had a dental appointment. We ate lunch while we were there and had the opportunity to be entertained by this harmonica player!
We didn't get to stay for his entire performance, because we had to head a little further north to our grandson Jonathan's, where we are currently 'driveway camping' We first visited his place last August when he was building his house. He is incredibly talented as you can see from these before/after pictures.
This is the coolest faucet in the world! It is touch activated!!!
He even made the interior doors! Impressive!
He and his dad make log furniture, railings, countertops, siding, and all kinds of beautiful things from wood. They are both blessed with extreme creativity, and fortunately, make a living from it.
To see more of what they do, check out http://jmslogcreations.com/
Yesterday, we visited our 3 great grand-daughters and I shared my blue hair streeker. I can't believe I forgot my camera, but we all had a great time with that. Our oldest grandson's wife has recently expanded her cake making talent which is keeping her busy! She's beginning a blog soon, so I'll share that information once it's up and running! I'm excited that she's going to make John & I a NASCAR cake while we're here. Maybe she'll smash Kyle Busch's car into the wall!!! (Sorry John).
We've enjoyed delicious dinners prepared by John's oldest daughter and tonight we get to enjoy her famous spaghetti! (John's all time favorite!)
No comments:
Post a Comment