Two weeks ago we enjoyed the Two Harbors Heritage Days festivities. In last week's paper, guess who was on the front page!! Our group is on the left, I'm in the red sweatshirt and shorts taking a picture.
 |
| courtesy Two Harbors Chronicle |
|
|
|
|
|
Last Friday was our last day in IL. We had one more thing on our list, and that was to see the parachuters!
After a yummy dinner Friday night at the Lone Star with my aunt, she took us Saturday at O'dark early (2:45 A.M.) to catch the bus for the airport.
Once back in MN, Sean and I were both glad to ride topless on the way home from the airport!
I was able to bring back a dozen ears of corn for the family here, which
I hope they all enjoyed! I know two of my granddaughters did, as they
started eating it right then! That's the best way sweet corn is eaten -
right from the field (but not necessarily after 12 hours in a carry-on!)
John was happy to have me home too; he gave me flowers.
The Culpepper and Merriweather Circus came to Two Harbors this week!

Papa bought all kinds of goodies at the circus!
 |
| Uncle Sam was there and recognized those who have served and are serving in our United States military. |
|
 |
| DJ the clown spotted a fly on John's head... |
 |
| Poor DJ wanted a kiss to make him feel better after he swatted himself on the cheek! |
 |
| The big horse is a bridge for the little horse. |
 |
| Thanks daughter Angela for these 'larger than life' circus pictures! |
 |
| At intermission I got my picture with DJ |
 |
| Hula Hoop act |
|
 |
| more Hula Hoops!! |
|
|
 |
| After the circus we went to McDonalds and showed off our "Circus Eye" face paint!! |
This week began my 5th class (out of 10) in my degree program, and just like every time I begin a new class, I'm ready to quit. Looking at the syllabus and all that is expected is very intimidating and I just don't think I can do it. Then I remember Whose I am, and that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13), and I just take it one assignment at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment